Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 20, 2016

Review: It's Skin Cookie & Body Ice Cream (I Finally Ordered It From Sephora!)


If you regularly read my blog, then you probably know that I've been talking about this darn body cream for months now. I kept saying I wanted it, but for some reason it took me forever to pull the trigger. I FINALLY ordered it from Sephora about a month ago, so now that I've had some time to test it out, I want to tell you if I thought it was worth the wait.

PLEASE NOTE: This product retails for $10 on the Sephora website HERE and it comes in three scents: Original, which is what I purchased, Mint, and Strawberry. If you decide you want to get one after reading what I have to say about it, don't forget that right now you can enter code PARTYON for a FREE Holiday Clutch with 12 samples when you spend $35+ online (while supplies last), If you only want to spend $25+ online, you can enter code FLASHFUSION for a FREE deluxe Cover FX Custom Cover Drops (three shade choices) and there are lots of other freebie codes HERE.

It's Skin Cookie & Body Ice Cream in Original
(retail: $10, 2.7 oz.)

The size of this cute little jar is about the size of one of those little ice cream cups that you probably ate when you were a kid (the ones that came with a little wooden spoon). I loved those things and now I find myself craving one as I type this. Great. I just opened another tab on my browser to look them up and wow, these Walmart ones are fancier than I remember. Anyway, I was right about the size--the Walmart ice cream cups are 3.0 oz. and this body cream is 2.7 oz. 



As you can see, this is a K-beauty product and it's made in Korea. If you're unfamiliar with It's Skin, they also make those cute macaron lip balms (see my mini review of the grape flavor here). You can check out all of the It's Skin products on the Sephora site here. And Memebox carries It's Skin facial skincare here. And heck, while we're at it, Amazon has lots of It's Skin products here if you want to get even more acquainted with the brand. And if you need even more info, you can go to the English version of their site HERE (how cute are these eyeshadows? I see them at my local Asian market all the time and am always tempted).

Back to this body cream! I want to point out that per the label above, the "Choco Cookie Chips" in this body cream are supposed "melt when massaged" into the skin. Fun, right? 


 The Choco Cookie Chips "melt when massaged" into the skin


The texture of this body cream is thick when in the jar (you can turn it upside-down and it will not drip) but once you get it onto your skin, it spreads quite easily and it breaks down quite easily. When it reacts with the warmth of your skin, it turns into more of a thick, silky lotion. And I can 100% confirm that the "Choco Cookie Chips" truly do melt into the skin when you massage this lotion onto your body! They completely break down and you cannot see any lingering dark bits on your skin at all after application. 

So let's get to the scent. Oh it's yummy alright. I was SO afraid that it would disappoint, considering that I built this product up in my head for so long. But no. To me, the scent is sort of a cross between Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter and a Snickerdoodle. I get a bit of a classic sugar cookie note here, but I also get a buttery note. And then a tiny bit of cinnamon comes out to play, which is what reminds me of Snickerdoodles. Overall, it's definitely a gourmand scent with notes of vanilla, cookie, butter, and a teeny tiny bit of cinnamon. Super yummy and addicting, is all I can say. 

As for the body cream itself, it didn't disappoint either. Whenever I try a "novelty" product I immediately anticipate that the product itself is going to be sub-par (and that you're basically paying for a cute name and cute packaging). But that's not the case here. I find this body cream to be nicely hydrating (much more hydrating than I was expecting) and long-lasting, as well. Now let's not get crazy and say this is great for extremely dry or rough skin, exzema, or things like that. It's not a heavy-duty product. But it is more hydrating than I thought it would be, and I would say it's a step up from your standard body lotion in terms of moisturization. Also, it feels luxurious on the skin. I love how it really does seem to melt into the skin when you apply it, and I love the coating it leaves behind. It is waxy, but in a good way (if that makes sense). I've been using this on my hands a lot lately, and I'm extremely picky with the way lotions and creams feel on my hands. If they have a funky or weird texture, I'm done. But this body cream feels very nice on the hands. It doesn't pill, and it doesn't feel greasy, oily, or sticky. The best way I can describe it is "slightly waxy" but again, in good way. It makes my skin feel super soft, as well.

FINAL VERDICT: At $10 for 2.7 oz., this is a little luxury but one that I am totally on board with. It lived up to the hype, and I think that if you're generally drawn to gourmand scents, cute packaging, and gimmicks (the Choco Cookie Chips are gimmicky but they really do melt into the skin and they're so fun), then I think you're going to enjoy this body cream quite a bit. It exceeded my expectations as far as performance, although I wouldn't recommend it for severely dry skin. Since the jar is so small, it's not going to last long if you slather your entire body with it every day. I personally am saving it for hands only and I only need a tiny bit for my hands, so this jar is going to last me a while. I love it, and I suddenly feel like I need to own the Mint and Strawberry versions as well. 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I have the mint version, and it is fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! I neeeeed it. Lol. Is it more of a straight mint scent, or is it more like mint chocolate? Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I have the mint, it smells just like mint chocolate chip ice cream :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, what Brooke said! It has a non-overpowering mint ice cream smell. If I didn't know it was body lotion, I'd try to taste it.

      Delete
  2. Great review!! I actually have the hand cream version in the exact same size container. It just says hand cream instead of body cream. I am guessing it's the same thing. I think I might pick up the strawberry one too and the mini Bebe hand cream. I just cannot stop myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg..i know this looks so gimmicky but i would love to use this as my hand cream. I have dry hands and i have hand cream near my bed, in my handbag ,at kitchen sink ....this is so tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the strawberry one and I love it! It smells so good! When I'm in a rush, I use it lightly on my face as well!( I have combo/oily skin too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo! As soon as I'm back to work I'm going to order this! I just love minty scents!!!! Thanks for the review G.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gimmick of the "cookie bits" melting into the skin. :sighs: Your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what? It's Skin is going to be on Haute Look next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig